Okan University is one of the leading Universities in Istanbul; it was established in 1999 by Okan Culture, Education, and Sports Foundation. Okan University focuses on practical learning besides academic education, so it has many training centers like Learning Application and Research Center, Culinary Arts Center, and Continuing Education Center.
Okan University includes diverse programs (Medical, Engineering, Administrative, Social Sciences, and Arts) 63 undergraduate, 41 master, and 13 Ph. D. programs under eight faculties, two vocational schools, and three graduate schools.
Okan University’s vision is to eliminate the gap between academic life and business life by providing the highest level of education and training in order to prepare students personally and professionally with strong academic backgrounds to enable them to compete in the market nationally and globally.
• To provide training opportunities for students to enable them to think critically and analytically, become more aware of their abilities as well as guiding them to become self-motivated.
• To combine theoretical and practical education
• To contribute to the social development and environmental awareness within scientific research.
• To use all critical information, statistics with the focus on the use of digital technology to improve society.
The University Closest to Business Life
Under this motto, Okan University combines theoretical and practical education; it follows the modern way of education that depends on research and practical learning to prepare students for the business life since their first year in the University. Therefore, the University provides training opportunities in different companies to give them real professional experiences before graduation. Also, the student who completed the preparation program to business life, they will get a certificate of participation as well as work experience certificates along with their graduation certificate.
• It is a well-equipped campus with modern designs and the latest technologies to ensure that students receive the highest levels of education to meet the current needs of the business market.
• It includes classrooms, conference halls, laboratories, a huge library, sports, and cultural centers, Gym, swimming pool, cafeterias and restaurants, shopping center, mini cinema, and student club-rooms.
This institute provides training opportunities to the students in Translation departments to work on translating projects like translating Chinese learning books to the Turkish language
Culinary Arts Center:
It focuses on giving the students the cooking tips for Turkish and various dishes
Learning Application and Research Center:
The center provides many training and research opportunities with the latest techniques to expand educational services through innovation and creative thinking.
Continuing Education Center:
It concentrates on giving students training opportunities and courses for different majors that match the students’ professional capabilities and interests.
Foreign Languages Examination Centers: As the University cooperates with China’s State Chinese Dissemination Office, it has the authority to hold the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK), Chinese Speaking Test (HSKK) and for Children and Youth Chinese Test (YCT).
Regarding the Civil Aviation Training: The student must pay extra fees for the training in addition to the tuition fees; the training fees for the four years are 52 thousand euros. Also, the student should pay the installments starting from the 2nd year until his graduation. He also must take the department’s test in one of the Turkish hospitals in Istanbul; the University will determine the hospital. According to the hospital report, it will be determined whether the student is eligible or not.